I have a tree in my backyard that is dropping with peaches but they’re not quite ripe yet. I wanted to make these muffins [bread] for our last women’s group today so I used canned peaches. I know, the horror!
Peach Bread (adapted into muffins from this recipe)
(my healthy changes in red)
- 3 eggs (3 Tbsp. ground flax seed mixed with 9 Tbsp. water)
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup vegetable oil (1 cup unsweetened applesauce)
- 2 cups diced canned peaches, drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour (I used half and half of all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans or 20 muffin tins.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs [flax mixture] lightly. Blend in the sugar, oil [applesauce], and vanilla. Add flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon; mix just to combine. Stir in the peaches and nuts. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for about 1 hour, or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
Weight Watchers points = 3 per muffin